Marine Platforms Expert Group
Welcome to the Marine Platforms Expert Group website.
Terms of Reference (2018)
- Share National Antarctic Program expertise on marine science support
- Create synergies amongst National Antarctic Programs on marine research topics in Antarctica
- Identify co‐operative programs of scientific or technical matters that concern vessels managed from National Antarctic Programs
- Facilitate cooperation between National Antarctic Programs in the support of marine science programs
- Share National Antarctic Programs’ facilities and infrastructures information
- Enable National Antarctic Programs to show their capacities to facilitate marine science (research ships, marine observatories, etc)
- Share experiences and lessons learned in marine operations (protocols, guidance, etc)
- Identify and advise National Antarctic Programs on new technologies in marine science support (navigation, research equipment, vehicles (ROV, AUV, gliders), remote sensing, etc)
- Report and advance relevant issues regarding ships and safety in navigation
- Extend knowledge on health, safety & environment (HSE)
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination in marine Search and Rescue (SAR) operations
- Assess and evaluate relevant recommendations and measures in regards to maritime and navigation issues
- Advise and inform all Members on maritime and marine science issues arising from the Antarctic Treaty System
- Create synergies with other COMNAP Expert Groups, especially the Science Facilitation Expert Group.
The 21st Meeting of the International Ice Charting Working Group Executive Summary Report is available here.